Sunday, February 24, 2013

Weekly Wrap-up for February 24, 2013: Busy, Busy.

I'm gearing myself up for the next few weeks of total insanity at school and for other things taking place outside of school hours. This coming week is our Charity Week and with that comes a lot of crazy activities during the day. It should be a great event and the kids will be super into it. I'm hopeful we make our fundraising goal. :)

Additionally, this week will be our first FULL week of school since the first week back from Christmas vacation. In the weeks since then, we've had half days, snow days, and scheduled vacation days every week. This week is going to drag on...

Then we have testing next week, so of course that is screwing up our schedules and throwing everything off. Ugh, it's going to be a miserable push.

Besides all of that, we have conferences after school in the next couple of weeks, more PD, and the end of third quarter is fast approaching. This school year is FLYING by, isn't it?

Matt and I will also be headed to see the Muse concert this Saturday, which is something I have been looking forward to for months. :) We're also in the process of leasing a new car, since the lease on my Jeep ends on the first of April. We've already been in to a dealer this past week, so we've made the decision about what we're getting (Chrysler 300). Now we just have to do all the paperwork, etc. I don't enjoy that part of the process, so thankfully Matt is taking care of it. :)

With all of that going on, I doubt I will have a lot of time to read. I just collected a set of essays, so there goes my free time. I'm still hopeful that I'm going to get through Anna Karenina before the end of the month (so I can start A Modern March with nothing lingering).

Anyway, I hope you're all in the middle of some fabulous books. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hi Allie,
    I've started reading Anna Karenina too - about a third of the way through - for the first time. A discussion group at a local book store is meeting 3/27 to talk about it. Hoping I can make it to the finish line in time. I am really enjoying it thus far. Did you finish?
    -Jay

    ReplyDelete